Wednesday 6 April 2011

daddy, i love you so much :)



hey guys! i wanna share few things about my daddy :)
It’s amazing how one scent, a smell that burns people’s nostrils, warms my heart. All because it makes me think of my dad. My whole life, I have thought of my grandpa as one of my main role models. While he was a great man, I think I might have overlooked the obvious. I have been raised by two of the most incredible, loving and kind people in the world. And they have become the people I look up to the most. As a little girl, I remember watching my dad: the way he looked at my mom, the way he unconditionally loved my siblings and I, the way he provided for us all. Until I became more aware of the “real world,” I thought that was how every family functioned, but I recently realized how truly blessed I am. My dad has always been there for me. Through my awkward phase, when I wasn’t good enough, he was still love the song I sang. Through my mildly rebellious phase, he was there to teach me how to respect my mom and other adults. Through my “grown up” phase, when I wanted to wear make up, he insisted I was prettier without it. And through my first heartbreak, he was there to tell me the guy was a jerk anyway. My dad supports me and loves me and has become a friend. Many children these days don’t have a father figure like this. For one reason or another he’s missing from their lives. I truly can’t imagine what it would be like for me without my dad. Not only would I miss his dry sense of humor at dinner and while gather with us, but I would miss his hugs before bed, his nicknames for all of us kids, his passion for his family. I am amazed by how much he loves all of us: my mom, my brother, my sisters and I. We are his first priority. And without him, not only would my family not be the same, it would be missing its backbone, the strength that holds us upright. So thank you, Daddy. For getting me through the tough times. For showing me what a real man looks like. For loving Mom. And for being the silent strength behind us all.

 I love you, Daddy :)